Tuesday 9 March 2021

Magnificent!


Hi Folks!

WOW! I saw a quick video on Instagram the other day and thought, yep I can do that with what I have.

Oh my word! Yes I could but not that quick.

Laying down the ink was quick and stressless, running through my die cutting machine, again smooth.  After that it all went kind of pear shaped but I muddled on through.  Basically the pin I was using to hold the small bits in place whilst I pulled the back of the foam pads off, snapped. It made me jump and well...... All the bits fell out but a few.

I was able to slowly match and stick the remaining parts by reattaching the left over part of the die cut. I plan to make another card with that extra bit. 

Products used to make this card are:
Harmony Quick Dry Inkpads Ocean Blue, Grasshopper, Lemon Tonic, Fuchsia. 
I'm not sure the name of the die since I've lost the packaging. 
Sentiments is Whimsy Stamps Fantabulous Clear Stamps

Since my initial post, I've been asked to explain the process a bit more, here is a little edit: 

I coloured one side of normal cardstock with my quick dry inks.  I then ran the card and die through the die cutter and carefully flipped it over so that the pieces did not fall out. Whilst still in the die I placed foam pads onto the pieces I wanted to stick down. 

You can see from the picture some of the tiles did fall out but I placed them in last to make sure I matched the colour gradient. 

I cut a piece of card stock to size and placed ontop of the foam pads. Turned it over and removed the die cut and peeled away the negative part of the die cut. 

Finished result with all tiles matched and correctly placed. 

The Instagram video I watched to inspire me is here and very much worth a look. 

Mindyeggendesign 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5QGy5ACT_/?igshid=1mg7y1i1mrj4t

Thank you for popping over. 

I hope you have a great day. 

Love Lu xx

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant!! I thought the shadow was from a marker. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete