Tuesday 26 September 2023

Eye See you!


 Eye See you! 

I was aiming for a creepy card but I think the addition of the Fuzzy spider kind of changed it a bit! I also noticed when I was taking the picture that I stamped the eyeball upside down! So this card is a comedy of errors but us crafters don't mind that do we.

I created this card using the masking technique.  First I stamped both the eyeball and the spider, then I stamped them again onto a piece of masking paper and fussy cut them to cover the stamped image. For the spider all I needed to cover were the eyeballs. If you look closely you'll notice that I heat embossed the spider too.

Next I stamped over the images with the Spider Web background stamp and removed the masking paper.   Result! I now have a spider rolling an eyeball in it's web!  I die cut the Drippy Frame twice using two different colour cardstock and mounted one on top of the other slightly off centre to create a shadow effect.  I then stuck these to the stamped images and cut away the excess card.

This was then mounted to a piece of design paper taken from the Hocus Pocus paper pack and framed with the same colour cardstock that I used for the Drippy Frame.

Here's a list of the stamp sets I've used, if you follow this link it will take you directly to the Whimsy shop and you can have a little browse.  Whimsy Shop

Stamp & Die Sets Used

Drippy Frame Die Set

Fuzzy Spiders Clear Stamp Set

Hocus Pocus paper pack


Other Craft Items used

Spectrum Noir Tri Blends

Spectrum Noir Harmony Quick Dry & Pigment Ink pads

WOW Embossing Powder

Papermill Direct Plain Colour cardstock

Neenah Smooth Stamping Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment