Sunday 24 September 2023

Let's talk snowglobes!

 

Let's talk about Snow Globes! I love them! Just about anything goes in one.

My daughter collects Halloween ones and I collect Christmas ones.  

I use this Shaker Maker Glitter Die a lot in my cardmaking.  It will probably feature often over the next few weeks with Halloween & Christmas now just around the corner.

I die cut 2 globes to make this card.  First cut was the whole die without the centre cut out.  This was to create the base.  I then cut it again with the smaller die inside to create the window. I inked this piece using Harmony inkpads and stamped the Spider Web rubber stamp over the top.

Taking another piece of card stock I stamped the silhouette cat image and coloured the eyes, sky and moon.  Having used acetate to create an actual window, I then mounted the globe with the window using foam pads to the image and trimmed the edges.  Don't forget to add your shaker bits before you actually mount the image, I often do and have to carefully pull it apart!!

Here's a list of the stamp sets I've used, if you follow this link it will take you directly to the Whimsy shop and you can have a little browse.  Whimsy Shop

Stamp & Die Sets Used

Hiss Off

Slimline Spider Webs

Shaker Maker Glitter Globe die

Other Craft Items used

This calls for Confetti - shaker 

Spectrum Noir Tri Blends

Spectrum Noir Harmony Quick Dry Ink pads

Neenah Smooth Stamping Paper


No comments:

Post a Comment