Friday 11 February 2022

High Maintenance! Grouchy Pets

 


Hello my crafty friends!

Today is the second day of sponsorship from CC Designs to Passionate Paper Creations & Friends!


What you really want to do is go join the PPCF face book page and go get your 20% discount code!!  Just click on the banner above and it'll take you right there!

I am a huge fan of CC Designs and a huge fan of this new stamp set, seriously sassy, grumpy cats & dogs called Grouchy Pets.  Honestly you'll love them!

I decided to work with the Poodle for this shaker card, nothing says high maintenance quite like a Poodle and a pink one at that! Really!!!

So what did I do here - 

I have a bunch of new craft products that I wanted to use so really needed to get it all out and make 1 card to satisfy my itch to use everything at least once!

I cut two pieces of watercolour cardstock, roughly 12cm by 15cm just big enough for my heart die to fit onto.  Trying to keep the two pieces identical I inked them using Pink Tulip, Fuchsia and Plum Jam Harmony Water Reactive inkpads.  I then took a small paint brush and flicked both pieces with water and dabbed them dry with a cloth.  The next stage was to flick both pieces with my SN Sparkle glitter pens, watered down Plum Jam ink and finally a little white acrylic paint.   I then set these two pieces aside to dry and then stamped my image and got busy colouring.

I used SN Illustrators & Copic Marker Pens and added some white gel pen for highlights.  I then cut the image out and set to one side.

Taking one of the pieces of inked card I placed my heart background die over it and popped it thorough my die cutting machine.  I've kept those little hearts for another project and used the remaining overlay for this card.  Taking the second piece of card, I cut it to the same size as the piece I put through my machine.  We need to be able to glue one on top of the other.  I then cut a piece of clear wrapper big enough to wrap around the card.  I overlayed the card and firmly stuck it down with red tape around the back but not too tight around the card because I added shaker elements and we want those to move around freely.  This has now formed the corner to corner shaker/flat shaker.  Take your die cut piece of card and add wet glue to all of the spaces and stick it your shaker part.  You might want to add something heavy for five minutes to help it stick down.

I found some pink bakers twine and wrapped this once around the bottom third of the card and then with foam pads added the coloured Pink Poodle and sentiment.  I then stuck the panel to my card blank.

Hey presto! We have a pink poodle shaker card suitable for any of your sassy friends for any occasion.

Thank you so much for popping by.

Have a great day!

Love Lu xx
 

1 comment:

  1. You KNOW how much I LOVE this high maintenance poodle. This is Fifi from Moshi Monsters ALL OVER!! Took my straight back to the kiddos little days. They loved the Fifi song! This is SUCH a cool creation hun! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete