Thursday 3 March 2022

Magical Birthday Wishes

 


Hi there!

I can't believe its March already and have I got lots to show you this month!  I'm so excited!

The slimline card that I'm sharing with you today is always going to be one of my favourites, its colourful, has lots going on, uses a bit of technique, lots of products and most of all was an absolute joy to create.  


How did I create this card.....

I took a piece of card the same size as the outer edge of the slimline clouds die set and covered it using Harmony water reactive inkpads Honey Pot, Spring Meadow & Parakeet.  Just to add texture, I then flicked a wet paint brush over the card and dabbed it dry.  I also flicked sparkle glitter pens Soft Jade, Moonstone and Crystal Clear over the card.  Once it had all dried I also added stars using a white gel pen.

Whilst that piece was drying I took another piece of card and ran it through my die cutting machine with the Slimline Clouds Die Set.  I then passed it through again but this time I lined up the scalloped die from the Slimline Fancy Frame Die, this created my white frame with stitched edging.

I then stamped the train and carriages from the Linking Train stamp set and coloured them using my copic markers for the grey areas and SN markers for the blues.  Next I stamped the unicorns from the Unicorn Wishes stamp set and coloured those using SN markers.  With a cup of tea and a good movie, I sat and cut out everything that I'd coloured.  I also stamped out the train track 3 times being careful to line it up and cut this out too.

When I was happy with the placement of all of the elements I glued and foam padded everything in place.  I even used the fantastic extra elements of balloons and lollie pops from the Unicorn Wishes stamps. Next I stuck the white frame down and then stamped the sentiments (actually, I stamped the sentiments before I stuck the carriages down - that's a top tip!)

To finish this bright and fun card, I mounted to a card blank and then added a few clear gem stones.  Lets also not forget, this beautiful card needed its own envelope, so I used the envelope maker die to make a matching envelope.  (no picture here because I always forget to do that!)

Here's a shopping list for you:





No comments:

Post a Comment